Creative Media Academy Ireland with the support of Animation Skillnet and National Talent Academy Animation/ Animation Ireland are happy to announce the launch of their first 2D Animation transition course in Toon Boom Harmony.
This course has been developed with the input of all the major 2D studios in Ireland and is designed to address the gap that faces Animation graduates upon leaving 3rd level education and getting that first animation role in a professional studio.
The course focuses on the real-world skills and training needed to be up to speed in the industry standard software’s and also on how to work in an TV production pipeline. The course has been designed by the industry and is addressing the skills needed for the industry.
It is managed and delivered by highly experienced animation professionals that are working in the industry today in the top studios in Ireland. Over the 4 weeks of the course, you will be given the knowledge and training needed to secure that first step in getting your foot in the door at one of Ireland’s top animation studios.
The course will run from Monday 22nd August to Friday 16th September.
This is a fulltime course so participants will need to be available during the day Monday to Friday 9:30 to 5:30 for the 4 weeks
- Week 1 – Fundamentals of Toon Boom Harmony
- Week 2 – Animation guide/ Posing Fundamentals
- Week 3 – Breakdowns : Mapping arcs and timing
- Week 4 – Animation finals/ Studio expectations: Polishing shots to expected studio standard
Other Classes Include
- Scene Prep and file management
- Basics of rigging in Toon Boom Harmony
- Basics of Compositing in Toon Boom Harmony
- Professional practices and general studio pipelines
- Over of Post Production in Animation
- Introduction to Audio in Animation
The course will be run remotely with access to the lectures and material online.
It will be set up as like a remote studio set up with all interaction with tutors and other participants online. Participants will need access to a basic computer / screen and graphics tablet and decent stable internet connection all other software and hardware will be provided.
Deadline for registration of Interest on the website is Friday 12th August.